1971 B.Sc Chemistry (First honor),Baghdad University ,Iraq,
- Ph.D. Industrial Chemistry, chemistry and technology of polymers , Birmingham University, England, UK.
Professor of polymer chemistry and technology,Basrah University
Head of Chemistry Department,College of Science Basra University
Dean of the college of Science/Basra University/Iraq
Dean of the college of education/Basra University /Iraq
Technical consultant(Gulf sale Engineering) UAE
Scientific Qualifications & experience
- Associate professor ,Faculty of Engineering, UTS Centre for
Built Infra Structure Research.University of Technology Sydney,Australia
Technology Manager,Parchem for Construction materials /Dulux group,(www.parchem.com.au),Australia Sydney
Honor visiting professorial fellow /University of western Sydney (UWS),Sydney Australia (Infra structure research centre)
Honor visiting professorial fellow/University of New South Wales (UNSW)/Sydney/Australia Faculty of engineering
Honor visiting professorial fellow/University of UNSW/Faculty of Science /School of chemistry
Academic and Scientific Achievements
- Established the polymer research Centre.
- Supervised 46 M.Sc theses and 25 Ph.D. Most of these theses were based on applied research and contracts.
- 37 Iraqi National patents have been registered and implemented industrially ( 1985-2003 ).
- 36 Australian/USA inventions issued USA patents ,published and filed 2011-now for the Intellectual Venture USA
- Published 7 Textbooks in various subjects such as industrial chemistry, polymer chemistry and technology, chemical hazards & environmental pollution.
- 250 published papers in outstanding journals and conferences.
Outstanding Industrial Achievements:
Consulted and managed six industrial projects at UAE, Abu Dhabi, Gulf Sail Engineering Co (Dec 2004 to May 2007) based on my patents in the field of polymer applications as: Concrete additives: super plasticizers, Hyper plasticisers, water proof, water reducer, Fire resistant paints and Gypsum Board, Gypsum additives(www.gulfctrd.ae).
Managed two Industrial projects at Sharjah, SAIF zone, UAE (May 2007): High quality fast setting cement and concrete additives (www.astf.net).
- 46 industrial projects were established as joint ventures with Industrial companies, petroleum & petrochemical Industries overseas.
- National Scientist prize, grade (A) for three alternative sequences 1993, 1998, 2003.
- National prize of the environment for 2001 and 2002.
- 34 Annual Honoring Scientific prizes.
- Platinum Inventor,Intellectual Venture USA ( www.intven.com), 2012.